Turnbull Military Shipboard Furniture
Our marine furniture manufacturing is driven by unparalleled design and engineering. Our process starts with concepts, which we refine with our customers — naval architects, shipyard habitability engineers and end users. We then move to the design, prototyping and testing phase. Every step of our process, from concept through manufacturing and delivery, is designed to improve quality, decrease cost, extend furniture lifecycle and facilitate installation. These qualities are built into our products even before our customers ask for them.
We run a numerically controlled plant with the latest technology to ensure conformance to specifications. Our state-of the-art equipment also adds speed to our seamless, integrated workflow. Customers rely on our extremely fast turnaround from concept to completion.
Every piece of our durable, attractive and comfortable metal furniture exceeds every U.S. Navy performance specification for safety of life at sea, noise, flammability, smoke and toxicity, high-impact shock, crash, durability and static load.
We are proud of our track record of delivering our products 100% on time and defect-free to all customers, and of being accident-free at fabrication plants for the past four years.
Whether they are made of stainless steel or aluminum, our products exceed:
- MIL-PRF-32038A shipboard furniture specifications
- MIL-F-902J shipboard furniture, aluminum
- MIL-F-243E shipboard furniture, steel
- MIL-C-24500A cloth, curtain
- MIL-PRF-20092 cushioning
- MIL-STD-1623E naval shipboard fire
- MIL-PRF-24172B coatings
- MIL-P-17171E laminates
- MIL-DTL-901E high-impact shock
- CCC-A-680A upholstery
- A-A-2950A upholstery
Our innovative modular design and construction methods facilitate weight management and accommodate blue-sky installation. We boast the lowest deck plate installation times in the industry. All of our products are constructed of steel, corrosion-resistant steel (CRES), aluminum of a combination of all three — and all include dissimilar metal corrosion protection.
To speed installation, our furniture is designed to be hatchable, using a disassemble-reassemble methodology that requires just one hand tool.
Common Components = Affordability
Our products use a common family of components, which keeps our highly engineered solutions affordable. We offer a range of standard and custom berths, casework and seating options to meet every military and commercial need. Our newest offerings include modular cabins and staterooms — kits including bulkheads, ceilings, doors and furniture — all integrated with electrical and plumbing systems. Our Classic Case line of modular furniture uses parametric design to create flexibility in materials and configurations.
Our vast product line is available in stock. We also have the capability to build non-standard stock fixtures. All Turnbull furniture is manufactured in the U.S. at our state-of-the-art facilities in Baltimore, Maryland and Fishersville, Virginia.
Trident Development Process
- Explore cost-savings methods internally
- Solid-model concept
- Create high-resolution renderings and animations
- Perform virtual and actual testing
- Prototype and present item
- Fine-tune with customer input
- Accept project and begin fabrication
Current New Construction Programs
- LPD 13 shipsets Furniture and Specialty Products
- LCS 14 shipsets Furniture and Specialty Products
- LHA 3 shipsets Furniture and Specialty Products
- DDG 74 shipsets Furniture and Specialty Products
- NSC 9 shipsets Furniture and Specialty Products
- WSF 33 shipsets Furniture and Specialty Products
- OFSV 3 shipsets Furniture and Specialty Products
- JSS 2 shipsets Furniture and Specialty Products
- OOSV 1 shipset Furniture and Specialty Products
- APL 2 shipsets Furniture and Specialty Products
- TAKE 17 shipsets Furniture and Specialty Products
- MLP 6 shipsets Furniture and Specialty Products
- TAO 4 shipsets Furniture and Specialty Products
- CVN 7 shipsets Specialty Products
- LHD ongoing Repair and Overhaul
- CG ongoing Repair and Overhaul
- LCS ongoing Repair and Overhaul
- Tamar 1 rig Off-shore
- Leviathan 1 rig Off-shore
- Dolphin 1 rig Off-shore